Living with any level of bodily pain and suffering may be a tedious chore for anybody who is unlucky enough to experience it. Whether it’s a simple toothache or joint pain, discomfort may quickly and easily undermine your capacity to be productive at work or school by stopping you from focusing on the task at hand.
Pain and discomfort are sometimes seen as ambiguous phrases since they come in a variety of forms and sizes. Regardless of how your pain manifests itself, you may still provide yourself some consistent relief from it by taking the correct drug at the proper time. Tapentadol, also known as Nucynta, is a benzenoid-class centrally acting opioid analgesic having a dual mechanism of action as an agonist of the -opioid receptor and a norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (NRI). Analgesia begins in 32 minutes after oral dose and lasts 4-6 hours. It has a dual mode of action similar to tramadol, specifically the capacity to activate the mu opioid receptor while inhibiting norepinephrine reuptake. Unlike tramadol, it has relatively little effects on serotonin reuptake and is a far more powerful opioid with no known active metabolites. Tapentadol is not a pro-drug and thus does not rely on metabolism to produce its therapeutic effects; as a result, it is a useful moderate-potency analgesic option for patients who do not respond adequately to more commonly used opioids due to genetic disposition (poor metabolizers of CYP3A4 and CYP2D6), as well as providing a more consistent dosage-response range among the patient population.
Adult Dosage for Pain:
- Initial dosage: 50 to 100 mg orally every 4 to 6 hours as needed for pain -Day 1: If needed, a second dose can be given as soon as 1 hour following the first dose.
- Dosage adjustments: 50, 75, or 100 mg orally every 4 to 6 hours to maintain appropriate analgesia with tolerable tolerability.
- The maximum daily dosage is 700 mg on day one and 600 mg on following days.
Adult Dosage for Chronic Pain:
Extended Release form
- Individually titrate to a dosage that gives appropriate analgesia while minimizing adverse events; dose increments should not exceed 50 mg twice a day every 3 days.
- Maintenance dose: 100 mg to 250 mg twice day orally
How should I take tapentadol?
- Read all drug recommendations and follow the advice on your prescription label. Tapentadol should never be taken in greater doses or for longer than suggested. Inform your doctor if you have an increased desire to take more tapentadol.
- When you start using tapentadol extended-release pills, you must discontinue any other drugs that include tapentadol or tramadol.
- Tapentadol should be taken with a full glass of water at the same times every day, with or without meals.
- Tapentadol has the potential to induce constipation. Before taking a laxative or stool softener to treat or avoid this adverse effect, consult your doctor.
What if I forget to take a dose?
Do not exceed your specified dose within 24 hours. An overdose can be lethal, especially if the victim is a youngster or is using opioid medication without a prescription. Overdoes can cause extreme sleepiness, pinpoint pupils, sluggish breathing, or no breathing at all. Your doctor may advise you to obtain naloxone (a medication used to counteract an opioid overdose) and keep it on hand at all times. Your caregiver must still seek emergency medical attention and may need to do CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) on you while they wait. Do not consume alcohol. Dangerous adverse effects including death are possible. Dizziness and sleepiness can lead to falls, accidents, and serious injury.
Tapentadol Tablets are available from our reputable online pharmacy.
Due to how costly name brand tapentadol pills may be, it is our main mission to serve our valued clients with nothing but the greatest discounts and service that we are capable of. We are medical specialists who help patients overcome health issues. We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and you may order whenever you like.